How To Remove The Thick Dead Skin From Feet Quickly?
More often than not when your feet are subjected to excessive friction and pressure, the skin becomes hard and thick. This is nothing but your skin’s normal response to provide protection to your feet. But such a condition gives rise to roughness on the skin, and it can even lead to the formation of a corn or a callus.
There are two ways to deal with a condition like this. The first is the surgical removal of the thick dead skin, which is hardly ever necessary. And the second is to learn how to remove the thick dead skin from feet on your own.
But before you decide to adopt the second method, you should know that treating hard skin or even corn or a callus on your own has certain conditions. You can’t pick the second method if you have diabetes.
People who have problems with blood circulation or sensation in the feet also shouldn’t carry out the procedure themselves. Because this might give rise to a nasty infection in the already infected area.
1. Warm Water
The best way to soften hard skin on feet is to dip them in warm water, especially in the evening. In fact, this treatment method doesn’t only help you get rid of thick dead skin cells. It also provides your feet with the much-needed relaxation.
Using Warm Water
- Fill a medium or large-sized bucket with warm water.
- Dip your feet in the bucket for at least 20 minutes.
- Gently scrub to get rid of the excess dead skin on feet.
- Remove your feet after you’re done and dry them properly.
- Apply some lotion on your feet to keep them hydrated.
2. Paraffin Wax
Do you know what’s the best way to get rid of hard skin on feet? It’s using paraffin wax. This can reduce all the effects of excessive dryness or cracks in the feet.
In fact, paraffin wax is also useful to those who want to know how to soften hard skin on feet. It helps in bringing back the natural and healthy oils of your skin. (Paraffin wax treatment for rheumatoid arthritis)
Using Paraffin Wax
- First, you will need to heat some paraffin wax either in your microwave or on your pan.
- Add a little bit of coconut oil to the wax.
- Apply this mixture on your feet. It may feel a tad too hot at first, but you’ll get used to it in no time.
- Let it stay on your feet overnight.
- Then wash it off from your feet the following morning.
Paraffin wax hand treatment:
How to Use Paraffin Wax treatment?
If you want to know how to remove dead skin from feet naturally, then here is the answer. Gently scrubbing them while in the shower is a very effective method of eliminating rough skin on feet. The trick is to use warm and soapy water.
How to Get Hard Skin on Feet by Scrubbing
- Wash your feet with some liquid soap.
- Make use of a pumice stone to gently scrub away the excess dead skin on feet.
- Then place your feet under running water to rinse them.
- Don’t scrub the towel on your feet to dry them. Instead, gently pat them dry with a soft towel.
Many dermatologists use glycerin before they perform any treatment on your skin. Why? Because glycerin can soften hard skin on feet like no other substance. (Skin benefits of glycerin)
How to Remove Rough Skin on Feet Using Glycerin
- Add some lemon juice to the glycerin.
- Apply this paste directly on your skin.
- Leave it on the feet for at least 20 minutes.
- Then rinse your feet with warm water.
- You can carry out this procedure for several weeks until the excess dead skin on feet has been eliminated.
When you use vinegar on your skin, it’s time to say goodbye to all the dead skin cells. Using vinegar is the best way to get rid of hard skin on feet. It is also the best way to soften hard skin on feet.
You can add some Listerine mouthwash to the vinegar as well.
How to Remove Dead Skin from Feet Naturally Using Vinegar?
- Add some vinegar to a bucket of water.
- Let your feet soak in that solution for not more than 15 minutes.
- Then rinse your feet and dry them properly.
- Apply some petroleum jelly on the skin to keep it moisturized.
Listerine and Vinegar Melt the Skin of Your Feet
6. Mentholated Rub
When you have cracked feet or dry skin, then nothing better than mentholated rub will help you deal with it. You know what’s good for rough skin on feet? The natural essential oils present in the mentholated rub. If you want to learn how to remove thick calluses as well, then this is the solution.
Using Mentholated Rub
- Before applying mentholated rub on your feet, make sure that your feet are dry and clean.
- Apply the rub on every part of your foot.
- Then cover up your feet with a pair of socks and leave them on overnight.
- Wash off the rub with warm water the following morning.
- You can carry out this procedure until you get rid of all the excess dead skin on feet.
7. Epsom Salt
The best way to get rid of hard skin on feet in the most efficient manner is using Epsom salt. What this does is remove all the thick dead skin from feet while also improving blood circulation. It is made of magnesium that can help you with getting rid of toxins from your feet. (Benefits of Epsom salt)
How to Get Hard Skin on Feet Using Epsom Salt
- Add some Epsom salt to a bucket of water.
- Dip your feet in the bucket and soak them for not more than 10 minutes.
- Then remove your feet and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply some petroleum jelly on your feet to properly moisturize them.
- Repeat this procedure for three days for best results.
What is Epsom Salt?
Wrapping it Up
These are some helpful tips to show you how to remove the thick dead skin from feet. The treatment methods mentioned above have the ability to soften hard skin on feet to a considerable level.
Just make sure that you do the required exfoliation as well as moisturizing to keep your feet healthy and happy. Because the way we keep our feet says a lot about us, don’t you agree?
Were the tips descriptive enough? Have you ever tried any of these methods to get rid of excess dead skin on feet?
Please let us know what you think in the comments section below.
You might also like: