How To Find The Best Hiking Shoes For Flat Feet?
Hiking is one of the most adventurous experiences to many people around the globe. Since it is a very tiresome activity, thus one needs to find the perfect requirements for such experiences. The most important element of all is a Hiking Shoe. Choosing the correct hiking boots is a robust process. This article will guide you to find the best hiking shoes for flat feet.
Hiking shoes, also called boots are the type of footwear which are specifically designed for the protection of the feet and ankles during tiresome walking or hiking. They are the most valuable items in the hiking gear since their durability and quality can help the hiker determine how much distance can be traveled without acquiring any injury.
Quick Comparison: Top 5 Best Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.com
Hiking shoes are made as such that they can provide comfort when the hiker is traveling a long distance, that too, over a rugged or rough terrain. These boots provide the primary protection to the hiker’s feet and heel.
The boots are relatively stiff, and they also provide ankle support. The hiking shoes are neither too loose nor too tight. This is to prevent the hiker’s feet from getting sore and blisters.
Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet:
The people who have flat feet are those who face trouble walking long distances as well as while traveling through a rough and rugged terrain. In one word, for the flat-footed persons, hiking is a very extreme challenge. So we have to find the best hiking shoes for flat feet.
You might have the will to travel and hike but if you have flat feet then you are bound to face problems, and along with this, the flat foot can even increase the chances of acquiring several other problems, some of which are plantar fasciitis, knee issues, and even hip problems.
Why choose a special type of shoe?
The people out there who suffer from this painful flat feet and over pronation have a very tough time finding themselves a perfect shoe. A perfect shoe is referred to as one which fits them very much comfortable as well as provide them the full support they need to stay out of pain.
The main problem of flat feet is that the feet take on an enormous amount of stress when the person is on the go. This creates a huge problem in finding the correct pair of shoes for hiking which can be supportive to the ankle as well as the feet and also provide the desired comfort and safety to the flat feet hikers.
What to Choose?
For the flat-footed people, you need not worry because there are lots of shoes or boots for you. Nowadays, many of the flat footed people are happily traveling or hiking. Thus a huge difference can be made to your life if you have the will to travel. This can be done by buying and using the right pair of hiking boots. You just have to search for the best pair for you.
Before you take part in your next adventure or hiking trip, you should know about the under-appreciated property of your feet. You need to look for hiking shoes which have arch support and provides excellent cushioning. Thus you will enjoy your trip happily and without any kinds of problems or pain.
Here you will be guided thoroughly on how to choose a great pair of hiking shoes for the flat footed people and you will also be provided with a few of the best options in this category. This review might help you to get your desired pair of shoes.
How to Find the Best Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet?
When we are hiking, we spend the maximum time of the day either walking or standing. When we are standing our entire body weight is being supported by our feet. While when we are walking, our feet uses up energy in moving the entire body from one place to other.
Thus, we have to realize that since our feet are the most exercised part of our body, so it is our duty to keep them comfortable and that is when we need the best hiking shoes for flat feet.
Acquiring the Most Efficient Hiking Boots:
You have to acquire the best and most effective hiking shoes or boots since walking a lot for long distances is not a desirable option to you and your flat feet. It requires a little investigation and knowledge to choose the most desired hiking shoe.
Preventing Wear of Soles:
This is an important feature you need to keep in mind while choosing the hiking shoe. If you have a flat foot, the instep of the foot comes in contact with the ground when you stand up. Your feet will tend to rotate inward thus resulting in excessive wear on the inner portion of soles. Thus, you need shoes to support your soles preventing excessive wear of them.
How to Fix Flat Feet?
Keep in Mind When Buying Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet
1. Where are You Traveling?
When you are going to buy the hiking shoes for your flat feet, you should set your criteria for search based on the type of trip you are going to travel and not only on the arch support.
This is because the insole determines the assistance of the arch, not the boot itself. Most hiking shoes have available arch assistance, but it is not enough for the people who have flat feet.
2. What is the Type of Hiking Done?
When you are going to buy a hiking shoe, you should probably take into consideration the fact that the boot type to be used is entirely dependent on the hiking to be done. It can be a single day hike, a weekend trip or even a trip longer than this.
Another search criteria are about the type of load you will be carrying – either light or heavy load. The shoes should match all these criteria. Some of the top brands suggested for the flat-footed men and women are Vasque, Merrell, Asolo, Salomon, and Keen.
Some Other Useful Tips:
- After reviewing this, it is preferred to go to the local outdoor or sporting goods retailer to try the shoes to find the best hiking shoes for flat feet.
- Let a knowledgeable employee help you.
- Use a decent pair of suitable socks.
- Try the shoes and walk or run as well as exercise. Report immediately if you sense any feet swelling.
- Look for the low volume shoes which uses much less space for your feet, since individuals having flat feet do not occupy a lot of space.
At the end of the day, your feet will be benefitted for taking care of them and performing the analysis to obtain the best and most efficient hiking shoes for your flat feet.
Now we will talk about five most effective hiking shoes for flat feet where your search may end.
All about Hiking Tips: How to Choose the Best Hiking Shoes for Your Needs?
Top 5 Best Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet
1. Lowa Men's Camino GTX Hiking Boot
The Lowa Camino hiking boot has been designed for extensive trekking purposes as well as brutal hiking with a light bag pack. These men’s boots help you walk long distances without any effort and at ease.
Lightweight soles, forefoot pivoting technology and slimmed down shanks gives you all the comfort one needs. It is designed to reduce strain across the toes, especially when you are traveling downhill.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons.
- The boot is light weighted of about 4.2 pounds.
- It is made up of leather and synthetic, and it also possesses a synthetic sole which is durable.
- The construction is waterproof.
- The Supination – Pronation System is present which helps to reduce or prevent over pronation and supination.
We Don't Like
- It is not wide enough thus wide footed people would face problems wearing the shoe.
- Sometimes it is painful to wear these shoes.
- The boots are very much stiff.
2. Salomon Men’s Authentic Hiking Shoe
This is a lightweight hiking shoe with a good supportive layer as well as consisting of a waterproof layer. This brand was created by Francois Salomon and his son George.
They made innovative designs, and their passion for mountain sports made them create a vast range of boots and other apparels which possessed several new concepts. They brought newer solutions to footwear for hiking or mountaineering. This product is a highly innovative and efficient product. It weighs only about 4 pounds.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons.
- The boot is a light weighted one, has great traction, great support and is very much comfortable.
- It is textile and synthetic made, and it possesses a rubber sole.
- The heel measures about 1.5” which is very much supportive.
- An advanced chassis is given for stability and better protection.
- It is waterproof and is a good option for people with wide feet.
We Don't Like
- The boot is sometimes pretty much rugged in nature.
- It is not insulated so that it can turn very much warm.
3. Merrell Women’s Solida Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
Merrell Women’s Solida is an excellent hiking shoe for women.
It is extremely light weight. It has contrast stitches. The color variants are brilliant.
Let us look at the pros and cons.
- The shoe is made up of synthetic as well as it has a synthetic sole.
- It is light weight, has padded collar and tongue and EVA footbed.
- In general, this product does not have any fitting issue, and it has a grip outsole.
We Don't Like
- The boot sometimes turns slippery on wet rocks and steps.
- It sometimes makes the feet much hotter than normal temperature.
- Much cushion support is not provided and is stiff, and the padding is not stiff enough.
4. Dunham’s Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot
It is a 100% waterproof hiker boot which presents Tru – Track traction, refined stability and it also provides much comfort. It consists of many modern features. It is made up of leather. The rubber outsole present provides maximum traction. It possesses a shock absorbing midsole. The mid-cut collar offers an excellent ankle support.
Let us look at the pros and cons:
- The outstanding feature of the boot provides an extra comfort.
- The feet is kept warm during the journey.
- It is very light weighted and is made of leather, and it possesses a rubber sole.
We Don't Like
- The shoe sometimes faces some stitching issues after prolonged usage of the product.
- Another big issue is to find the shoe that fits your feet perfectly.
5. Xiangguan Men’s Camouflage Waterproof Hiking Boot
These pair of boots are said to be uniquely made because each new pair made in the factory is of a new style. There are some life tarps rubber outside which makes the person have an easy step. The lightly padded footbed makes easy walking, and this is undoubtedly one of the best boots for outdoor games, hiking, mountaineering, etc.
Let us have a look at the pros and cons:
- The shoe is synthetic made, and it possesses a rubber sole.
- It has a slip resistance rubber outsole.
- The fabric lining is very much comfortable and breathable.
- The membrane in the boot evaporates the sweat to the outside of the fabric. It moderates the body temperature to keep the feet dry and comfortable.
We Don't Like
- Sometimes, a fitting issue comes up as a problem.
- Good socks are mandatory because it is sometimes hot inside the boot.
Now, we are at a point where you have found almost all you need to know about the best hiking shoes for the flat feet individuals.
Out of the five options given to you in this article, the best hiking shoe for flat feet is undoubtedly Dunham’s Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot. This is because it has a slip resistance rubber outsole which is a must need for hiking. Additionally, the shoe is very much comfortable, and it also evaporates the sweat and keeps the feet dry, thus comfortable.
All the information and review present here will be definitely of some help.
You might also like: