Best Slip On Work Boots (Pull On Work Boots) – Buyer’s Guide of 2017
The kind of work boots we wear says a lot about how much importance we give to our feet. Many of us don’t even consider the comfort factor as far as buying work boots is concerned. All the more reason to opt for the best slip on work boots, don’t you think?
The thing about these shoes is that they are comfortable and convenient to wear and take off.
They strike that perfect balance between protection offered by tough work boots and comfort of pull on shoes.
We can go on and on about how great pull on work boots are. But we’ll do that only after we list the seven best picks of all time. So let’s get to them right away!
Quick Comparison: Top 7 Best Slip-On Work Boots
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.com
The Best Slip On Work Boots
The pull on work boots discussed below are suitable for extreme or challenging work conditions. They provide several protective features along with easy usability and superior comfort.
1. Caterpillar Men’s Revolver Pull-On Steel-Toe Boot – The Best Affordable Slip on Work Boots
Work boots manufactured by Caterpillar are popular for their durability, quality, and superior comfort. And the Caterpillar Revolver Pull-On Steel-Toe Boots are no different. They’re constructed with top quality materials for better performance.
With a 100% leather design, these pull on work boots also come with rubber soles. This gives you a pair of boots that can stand the test of time and provide the much-needed slip resistance.
The straps attached to the boots make it easy and convenient to wear them. Plus, they have the valuable steel toe component. And we all know how useful that is in protecting our feet from sharp or heavy objects at work. (Safety measures for construction workers)
The only issue with the Caterpillar Revolver Pull-On Steel-Toe Boots is that they run slightly bigger. So it’s important to order a size down when buying these boots.
- High-quality steel toes for better safety.
- They offer sufficient ankle and arch support.
We Don't Like
- Not true to size.
Cat Footwear Made in America Boot
2. KEEN Utility Men’s Detroit Slip On Work Boot – The Best Waterproof Slip on Work Boots
A waterproof membrane goes a long way in keeping your feet warm, dry, and comfortable throughout the day. And that is what you get with the KEEN Utility Detroit Slip On Work Boots. So this might be an ideal choice for workers who spend all day in damp or wet environments.
They have a high-quality Nubuck leather design for the uppers. Another great feature is the addition of steel toes. These two components are responsible for durability along with safety.
You might also like the thick density midsoles. They do an excellent job at supporting the arches and providing stability.
So if toe protection and waterproofing are your priorities, then there’s no need to worry about that anymore. The only matter of concern is the long, hard break-in period.
- The dual density footbed offers superior comfort.
- The sturdy steel toes and heel construction ensure maximum protection and durability.
We Don't Like
- They run large.
- The break-in period is too long.
KEEN Utility: Our Story
3. Ariat Men’s Workhog Pull-On H2O Work Boot – The Best Slip on Work Boots to Correct Posture
The thing about proper body posture is that it makes standing or working all day comfortably. It keeps the feet in good shape too, so the chances of fatigue setting in getting eliminated. And this is what one should expect with the Ariat Men’s Workhog Pull-On H2O Work Boot.
All work boots manufactured by Ariat have an excellent waterproof design with a full-grain, high-quality leather construction. And these pull on work boots have the same top quality.
It’s the unique ATS Max feature that does the job of providing all-day comfort to your legs. On top of that, the EVA midsoles offer extraordinary support to the midfoot region. And this helps in reducing metatarsal stress and preventing injuries. (Metatarsal fractures)
The part that’s slightly disappointing is the lack of sufficient cushioning. But the manufacturer makes up for this by infusing the footbed with a great shock absorbent gel.
- The sole shank is extra wide to provide stability on steps and ladders.
- The outsoles are non-tracking and self-cleaning.
- The low friction footbed keeps blisters and severe heat away.
We Don't Like
- They have a narrow design.
- The cushioning is not enough.
Ariat Work Boots: Tough Enough for any Job
4. Redback Men’s Bobcat UBBK BLACK Leather Work Boot – The Best Slip on Work Boots in Terms of Wearability
As you can see, the Redback Bobcat UBBK BLACK Leather Work Boots come with back and front pull tabs. This is not the case with most pull on work boots as they have this feature only in the back. The front pull tab just makes wearing the boot much more convenient and easier.
Due to its heavy-duty construction, the Redback Work Boots are suitable for station workers, EMS personnel, etc.
The best part about them is the superior quality soles. What they do is provide exceptional support to the feet. And they do so without making the boots feel too heavy to wear at work all day.
Everything about them stands out regarding performance and durability. Everything except the work boots’ shape. They are prone to losing their original shape after a few months.
- The boots are incredibly lightweight.
- They have no break-in period.
We Don't Like
- The shape tends to distort soon.
5. Justin Original Men’s Stampede Pull-On Square Toe Work Boot – The Best Comfortable Slip on Work Boots
The Justin Original Stampede Pull-On Square Toe Work Boots have a special integrated comfort system. What this does is offer superior comfort and support for all kinds of work and casual activities.
You will also be quite impressed with the outsoles of the Justin Original Stampede Pull-On Square Toe Work Boots. These provide beneficial qualities like abrasion, slip, and oil resistance. This makes up for the fact that the work boots don’t come with safety toes.
So if you’re concerned about support and comfort, then there’s no need to worry. Thanks to the excellent steel shank and well-cushioned insoles of the boots.
- Solid construction with an exceptional fit.
- They provide optimal arch support.
We Don't Like
- Lack of steel toe caps for safety.
How to Fit Your Pull-On Justin Original Workboots?
6. Wolverine Men’s Raider Romeo Contour Welt Steel Toe Work Boot – The Best Flexible Slip on Work Boots
When work boots come with contour welt, they flex and bend at all vulnerable points to enhance performance. And the Wolverine Raider Romeo Contour Welt Steel Toe Work Boots have that particular feature.
And as far as comfort is concerned, that aspect is pretty much covered too. Thanks to the compression pads integrated into the soles. These valuable components also provide maximum shock absorption. In fact, they do an excellent job at converting high impact into energy. So every step that you take feels comfortable throughout the entire day. (Find a healthy balance between work and exercise)
You will be glad to know that the polyurethane midsoles are also responsible for providing comfort. It’s the narrow toe box that might cause some trouble. But apart from that, there are no other major setbacks.
- The soles are well cushioned.
- There is no break-in period with these boots.
- They are light in weight.
We Don't Like
- The toe box is not wide enough.
- The heel is slightly loose.
Wolverine Contour Welt
7. Dr. Martens Men’s Fusion Safety-Toe Chelsea Boot – The Best All-Round Slip on Work Boots
The thing about the Dr. Martens Fusion Safety-Toe Chelsea Boots is that they rank the highest in all aspects. This includes quality, performance, comfort, safety, and durability. Now let’s find out how!
These slip on work boots have a double-stitched, high-quality leather construction for the uppers. And the inner lining has moisture wicking properties. So these features help in keeping your feet comfortable and dry at all times.
The safety requirements are fulfilled by the addition of steel toe caps. Plus, they have elastic sides. These are perfect for providing a good fit. They also make it easier for you to wear and take off the boots.
You will be quite taken aback with the footbed of these best slip on work shoes. It helps in relieving excessive pressure from your legs and feet. And for proper posture and midfoot support, you will love the valuable wooden shank.
But what you might not like is the squeaky outsoles. But this doesn’t seem to interfere with the performance of the work boots.
- The thick heel pad offers additional safety.
- They provide phenomenal traction on concrete along with steel decking.
We Don't Like
- The outsoles can be noisy.
Dr. Martens - The Art of Industrial Manufacture
Everything You Need To Know About Slip On Work Boots
When buying work boots, you deserve to get something that pairs up well with your hard working attitude. They need to be as reliable as your dedication towards your job. And this is not such an impossible task to accomplish.
Work boots are specially designed to suit all types of extreme work situations, right? So the slip on work boots are also manufactured with such a strong quality.
But you should know that they do more than just provide protection, especially toe protection. Pull on work boots also keep the feet comfortable, warm, and dry at all times.
In fact, pull on work boots keep you safe from electrical hazards, pointy objects like rusty metals and nails, slipping, dangerous chemicals, etc.
You will find a wide variety of pull on work boots in the industry. And this is the reason why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to help you purchase the best and most suitable pair of work boots.
The Pros and Cons of Pull On Boots
- Like every other work boots, the slip on work boots also offer the much-needed protection from heavy-duty machinery. They help in eliminating the chances of injury when the risk of something hefty or sharp falling on the toes is pretty high.
- When your job requires you to stand all day, the setting in of fatigue is inevitable. As you already know that slip on work boots offer tons of comfort. And this helps in reducing the tension in your feet.
- Pull on work boots, at least the best ones in the industry, have a 100% leather construction. So these boots are suitable for all types of weather conditions. They have the ability to stand the test of time.
- Since we’re talking about the weather, you will be glad to know that slip on work boots come with insulation. This particular feature protects your feet when the temperature drops. So you don’t need to worry about frostbites anymore.
- Pull on work boots offer convenience, don’t they? You don’t have to deal with shoelaces. Wearing and taking them off is both easy and quick.
- The thing about slip on work boots is that they might be a tad too heavy. But this doesn’t seem to cause any problem or inconvenience once you get used to that extra weight.
- Some work boots don’t offer chemical and water resistance. Unless you work in a muddy or damp environment, this shouldn’t be a matter of concern.
- According to certain companies’ safety regulations, wearing work boots with laces is a norm. So before you buy slip on work boots, it’s better to check with the boss.
Features of the Best Slip On Work Boots
Not all slip on boots are suitable for work wear. They do have a tough design, but they don’t offer all-day comfort for extreme work conditions. Because this is the job of the best slip on work boots, isn’t it? These types of shoes come with steel toes, a feature not included in casual boots. So your feet get all the protection they need from sharp or heavy objects at work (PPE – Personal Protective Equipment). This is the primary function of pull on work boots.
The structure of the toe-box of pull on work boots is designed keeping in mind the different toe shapes. These include fatbaby toes, j toe, w toe, u toe, and roper to name a few. If you somehow happen to know what shape your toe is, then it’s better to make your decision accordingly.
This feature is something that you’ll find on most slip on work boots. It’s because manufacturers now know how important it is to keep the feet warm at all times. So with a waterproof membrane, you don’t need to worry about working in the rain or damp environments.
If work boots could talk, they would scream out safety. And this comes in the form of steel toes as they protect your feet from heavy or sharp objects.
Along with steel toes, you also get slip resistant outsoles. These go a long way in preventing injuries when working on oily, wet, or unfavorable surfaces.
Wrapping It Up
After considering all options, we would recommend the Ariat Men’s Workhog Pull-On H2O Work Boot. Because you need high-quality boots that won’t disappoint you in any aspect. They have a waterproof design along with oil and slip resistant outsoles.
You will also be glad to know that the Ariat Men’s Workhog Pull-On H2O Work Boot is suitable for high arches and wide feet. So they offer optimal flexibility to carry out all kinds of movements easily.
The footbed is moisture absorbent, and midsoles shock absorbent. The addition of stabilizers and a wide shank helps in improving support and limiting fatigue.
So when it comes to all-day comfort at work with the best slip-on work boots, there’s nothing better than the Ariat Men’s Workhog Pull-On H2O Work Boot.
You might also like: